Thursday, May 14, 2020

BlueRaven 666 Fanfiction




Gray’s Introduction


Greetings, mortals of Earth. I am an angel who was born in Heaven long ago. You’ve probably heard of us: we are messengers of God who sometimes visit Earth to send messages or bless individuals. We are often portrayed as holistic beings with golden halos, white feathery wings, who play harps and frolic around in the ever-sunny sky. Well, Heaven has those kinds of angels, but there are many different types. Angels are divided into groups called choirs. From the highest rank to the lowest are: Seraphim, Cherubim, Thrones, Dominions, Virtues, Powers, Principalities, Archangels and Angels. They all serve a variety of roles, from guarding God’s throne, to maintaining cosmic order, to inspiring harmony in the human and spirit world. Gabriel, Michael, Raphael, and Uriel, are some of the more well-known, important Archangels.

There are also Angels of Death who are in charge of punishing sinners, often using flaming swords and other methods. There are some who aren’t as destructive and bloodthirsty, as, say, Samael. In fact, one angel, Azrael, is a benevolent being said to guide the souls of the deceased after death. Puriel judges and examines each soul after death. But still, there are others who teach sinners and the unfaithful harsh lessons, even beyond the grave.

Sorry, getting a little off-topic here. Where do I come in and who am I?
Others call me Gray, and I am an asexual, gender neutral black-winged angel and Exterminator.

 I know what you’re thinking, “A dark murderous angel without a gender or sexuality? That can’t be true.”

Alas, it is. Just like mortals, angels can identify as male, female, transgender, and anywhere in between. However, we are strongly encouraged (or perhaps even ordered) to push aside feelings of passion, lust, and other messy emotions. After all, we are constantly on duty, and all our destinies lead to one true purpose: unification with God. Or the universe, or the cosmos, however you’d like to phrase the inevitable force that connects us.

You see, not all of us are pacifists, born or made. I was born in a section of Heaven that is not found in your Bibles or textbooks. This area is exclusively for other Exterminators.

What is our purpose, you ask? Exterminators are responsible for slaughtering Hell’s denizens once every year to prevent overpopulation. The rules are simple: kill swiftly, show no mercy to anyone, and stay close to your fellow angels during the 24 hour time shift. Samael is our leader, and as you can imagine, he is quite ruthless and stern.

In terms of status, I am just a lowly soldier in the Exterminator rank. I can be recognized by my blue tipped right horn, x over my right eye, my blue eyes and mouth. Like the other Exterminators, I have black feathery wings, horns, talons, and I carry a unique weapon. To add to my lower rank, the other angels tend to look down on us due to our bloodthirsty nature. We have a drive to fight and move around, while the other angels are content to sit around studying, praying, singing, or dancing peacefully. It is not what you would call racism; but more like the reaction one gets when your coworkers find out you work at a cemetery or morgue.

Yes, the work is dangerous, depressing and not for the faint of heart. But it must be performed efficiently by some people. Not only must we kill demons during the annual purge, but we also must be careful not to get killed by powerful overlords residing down there. Laying down our lives is a part of war, whether it’s serving God or protecting your home country and citizens.

I was born into a family of seasoned Exterminators, so I had no choice in the grand scheme of things. Deciding to pursue any other occupation would dishonor my family and my community. The punishment would be immediate banishment to Hell…basically a death sentence. So, I mustered up my courage and followed in my family’s footsteps (or wing-flaps).

During one of the annual Exterminations, an unfortunate event occurred. After being knocked unconscious by an attacking demon, my brethren assumed I was dead. They left me behind, flying into the portal and out of sight. By the time I came to my senses, the purge was over and the portal had closed. Flying back to Heaven would be impossible…the distance was far too vast to cover. I stayed hidden in the shadows and forged for food. Then, this demon showed up and decided to take me in. His name was Blue Raven 666, a tall humanoid with blonde hair, blue eyes, white horns and a blue shirt with 666 on it. He has an ability to look into events and come up with theories to try and explain why things are the way they are. He seems to have some knowledge about Niffty, Alastor, Charlie, Vaggie, Angel, and several other characters. Angel has complex relationships with his father Henroin, Aranea his white spider mother, and his siblings Aracknis and Molly. Strangely enough, Molly isn’t a demon, yet she can enter Hell freely. But his ideas are just unconfirmed theories, albeit plausible ones. For instance, Vaggie may have been a fallen angel due to her use of a harpoon spear, an x over her eye and her willingness to kill/threaten powerful, suspicious demons.

Ah, here I go again, babbling on and on. You’re probably not interested in such abstract perspectives, but it’s one of the topics to keep me entertained before I go back to Heaven.

Why Blue Raven took me in, I’ll never know. Perhaps he took pity on me after seeing me in a weakened state on the brink of starvation. Maybe he was trying to keep an open mind, like me. Surely not all angels are good and not all demons are bad. It was a temporary truce between an angel and a demon, one that was fragile and unknown to anyone else. While we got acquainted, Blue Raven told me about the demon princess Charlie. She had set up a hotel for the purpose of redeeming sinners and sending them to Heaven. Given how many evil sinners and demons were down here, I figured that it was nearly impossible to achieve such a goal.

Then again, stranger things have happened. Even our fallen brother, Lucifer isn’t all bad. Sure he may be prideful, but he does care for his wife and daughter very much. He was banished from Heaven due to God creating mankind and favoring them over the angels. The rules in Heaven are strict, so it’s no surprise that someone like him would rebel. I’m just counting myself lucky that I’m still alive. If it hadn’t been for my new demon acquaintance, I would’ve surely perished out there. (And no, I’m not a fallen angel; I still hold my status as an Exterminator.) Hopefully, once I return to Heaven, things will return to normal and I can resume my duties.

I’ll be here to answer any questions you may have, and Blue Raven 666 will be happy to help. Be sure to go check out his channel and videos. If you’re a Hazbin Hotel fan who likes to dive deep into theories and possibilities, then his channel is for you. Please take care of yourselves and those around you. I heard there’s a deadly virus known as coronavirus-19 going around on Earth and I want to make sure you mortals stay safe. Heaven’s getting more crowded each day, but it can be assured that everyone’s doing fine up here. Thank you for your time, and as we say in Heaven: “Have a blessed day and God be with you.”

Oh, you’re still here? Would you like to hear more about me? I’d love to talk more about Heaven and who I am.

Very well, then. Let us begin…




Book One
(Gray) Chapter 1: How my life began

My early life started as typical as any other life... though the circumstances were not the same as one interpreted by mortals. I was born in Heaven long ago, perhaps thousands of years in human terms. Like those born in Hell, we do age, just incredibly slowly. My markings on my face were teal blue, as were my eyes. The tip of my right horn was blue, a unique marking I was born with.

My parents were seasoned Exterminators, but they also took the time into doing what they loved: caring for pets that had died on Earth, tending to gardens filled with flowers, juicy fruits, and home grown gemstones, and, of course, daily prayers to God. I was named Gray after my coloration of my skin and appearance.

I don’t remember too much, except those times when my mother fed me holy milk and nectar, held me in her arms and sang heavenly lullabies to calm me down. Already, like most Exterminator babies, I had a fighting spirit inside me.

My dad would sometimes read books to me…kid friendly books with pictures of angels and a baby Jesus sleeping in a bundle of hay. Later on, I would read a picture book version of Bible verses and then, the real thing once school started.

Christmas time was always lots of fun…it was one of the few times of the year when our neighbors would all come together for a big feast in the center of town. Ham, turkey, potatoes, vegetables…all the finest food on plates made of gold, a buffet for everyone. Of course, everyone held hands and thanked the Lord for the delicious food before we ate. Once we were done, we would go back to our homes and have smaller family meals together.

At night, some of us would go caroling in groups. In a way, we celebrated Christmas like the other angels in Heaven…though our carols consisted of battle cries added in the beginning or end. Everyone in Heaven had wreaths, Christmas trees, ornaments and presents. But there were a few other differences. For other angels, good gifts would consist of musical instruments, elegant clothing, jewels, Bibles, and just the joy of being in the most perfect place in the known universe.

As for me and my community? We were joyful whenever we got new weapons. When an Exterminator turned seven, they would get their first dagger; easy to use and harmless against any other individual around them. The adults examined and oogled over new harpoons, spears and swords they got, like it was new furniture they needed (which they also got as well.) We have a blacksmith named Sulfur, a strong Exterminator with pink markings and a big pink sinister grin. She and her crew make new weapons for us every year to use during the Cleanse. With the constant trainings we go through, the weapons tend to get dull easily. They say that holy weapons only work for a certain amount of time before they are to be discarded in smokeless blue flames. Sure, we could sharpen them, but brand new ones tended to be preferred. The adults pay taxes to both the blacksmiths and to help the rest of Heaven. I didn’t know what taxes and duties were back then; I was too immersed in the joyous times of my childhood.


“What dat?” I babbled as a toddler one day. In the dining room of my house in the gray clouds, I pulled down a checkered table cloth and down fell a knife and a pot of white roses. The vase crashed to the ground and water splashed everywhere.

“Gray,” scolded my mother as she picked me up. “You know you can’t just touch anything that you see in front of you.” The light gray woman angel sighed and went to get a mop and dustpan. The markings on her face were yellow and her name was Ash.

Staring in fascination at the shiny blade on the ground, I picked up the utensil.
Just then, my father came on, a tall muscular angel with a dark gray body, horns and talons. His markings and X over his eye were red. His name was Platinum. Ironic that he didn’t have any indication of shiny or silvery coloration to him, other than, perhaps, his sharp teeth.

“What’cha got there?” he asked, looking down at me.

“A knife!” I exclaimed.

“No!” Ash cried as I ran around with it, twirling it in my hands.

One of our pet cats screeched in terror as I chased after it…not intending to hurt it, but just running around for fun. I stumbled on an uneven portion of the rug and fell flat on the floor. A sharp pain raced across one of my fingers.

My mother picked me up as I sobbed.

“Here, let me see,” said my father.

He examined the cut on my clawed finger, washed it off and bandaged it.
“I know you’re getting excited,” he told me. “But you must be more careful. Once you learn how to properly use it, then we’ll teach you more later on.”

“More what?” I asked.

“You’ll learn in time.”

“But I wanna learn now! Can I learn it? Please, please?”

My mother chuckles. “Someday, soon, Gray. But now, it’s time to go pray.”

I sat on my knees, my hands folded in front of me, coping my parents.
“O graceful Lord, Our Heavenly Father, bless this house, our family and our day. Holy be thine name…”
We would always end with “amen.”

It wasn’t long before I attended the local school in our section of Heaven, when I was five or so.

In school, I learned beginning math, literature, and art as well. I did the best in religious studies, gym, and writing. (Volleyball was lots of fun, though I wasn’t too good at gymnastics and Heaven forbid, dodgeball.) I couldn’t wait to begin flight training classes as I grew older.

Learning how to fly and use weapons was as ingrained into our society as graduating school and finding a job is for many human cultures. They were typical rights of passage for us. Once an Exterminator completes flying lessons and weapon wielding, they are ready to receive their glass halo upon adulthood. This is a way of saying they are ready to serve their community. Exterminators with an X over their right eyes were the ones who were part of the force that traveled to Hell every year. Only the most dedicated ones had that kind of position.
Like the angels, I learned about the Bible (memorizing the verses is hard work at first), the greatness of God and the evilness of demons. We were frequently told the tale of Lucifer and Lilith as a way to warn us of consequences.

The teacher was an Exterminator with brownish horns and round glasses. We started the days with pledging our allegiance and worship to God and the Archangels. Then the teacher did role call:

“Flax?”

“Here!” called a voice in the back of the classroom.

“Cinder?”

“Here!” called a friendly-looking angel.

“Silver?”

“Here!” called a bossy female voice.

“Gold? Charcoal? Mace? Iron?”

“Here!” the students sang.

The long lecture began. I took notes for a little bit, but soon found myself dozing off like many of my classmates.  

“Who can tell me what Circle of Heaven we are in?”

I raised my hand. “The Ninth Circle.”

“Very good, Gray. And what level of Hell do most sinners go to?”

“The first Circle,” said Flax.

“Very good.”

He then went on to explain the Extermination.

“The Extermination is an event held on December 31st and lasts until New Years’s Day. Once every year, a select group of Exterminators will travel through a portal into Hell, where they will dispose of as many sinners in their line of sight as they can. For those of you thinking about joining the force, these rules will quickly become basic review for you.”

He pointed to a whiteboard with a list of rules. The title read “Seven Golden Rules of the Exterminators.”
Number one: Don’t hold back. Show no mercy.
Number two: Do not let demons get ahold of your weapon. They can use them to harm each other and cause trouble.
Number three: Stick with at least three to five seasoned Exterminators at all times.
Number four: Do not enter into any enclosed building or space. Remain airborne to ensure an easy escape.
Number five: Do not approach any powerful demons/overlords unless necessary.
Number six: Leave with your fellow Exterminators once the Extermination is over. Once the New Year begins, the portal to Heaven will close.
Number seven: Have the necessary qualifications and hand to hand combat skills. It is the one day out of the year when you’re most likely to die.

Another sentence was written in re at the bottom that made my heart jump.
In addition: refusal to support the official Exterminators or participating in the line of duty could lead to imprisonment or banishment.

“But aren’t we already dead?” Silver asked.

The teacher cleared his throat. “Good question. We are not mortal per se like the humans, as we do not age, but we can die. Once our souls are sent to the void, there’s no coming back. It is the one thing that connects us to humans and demons alike.”




Another teacher taught religious studies that afternoon.
“Remember, don’t give into pride like our fallen brother, Lucifer. And never question the will of God. For it was He who created Adam from dirt and Eve from Adam’s rib. Lilith disobeyed Adam and thus was cursed to bear one hundred demons a day who then perished.”

It was at school that I met my best friend Cinder, and my worst rival, Silver. We would continue to meet as official Exterminators.

Silver was outspoken and confident. Already she had beaten the rival school next door in a soccer match…scoring several goals, while I was lucky to not get hit in the face. She had pushed her opponents aside, including poor Cinder who had fallen to the grass. I helped him up.

“Man she’s mean,” Cinder said as he panted.

“Don’t worry too much about her, I said as we got back into the game.

“Wait a minute!” she called in a loud voice. “I thought Lilith only wanted to be equal to Adam? Why would she be banished if she was only trying to negotiate?”

I rolled my eyes.

“Well, Miss Silver, it was Lilith who wanted to dominate Adam, and she disobeyed Adam when he said he should be on top. After all, man was created first, and woman merely a part of man.”

“But why didn’t God make Eve or Lilith out of dirt as well? Why not send her off to another part of Eden…or better yet, leave her alone?”

The Exterminator students mumbled and whispered behind their desks.

“Because,” said the teacher, “That’s the way it was so.”

“Is that the best you’ve got?” she demanded. “I don’t appreciate a pathetic answer like that.”

“And I don’t appreciate yours either,” the teacher said. The class “Oooohed” as Silver turned red in the face.

All through the class, Silver questioned everything and everyone.

“Why were the poor and the Jews and others left behind? Why have slaves and kill many people when they could’ve been saved and perhaps convert to Christianity?”

“Because…to put it bluntly, mankind sucks and death is a part of mortal life,” said the teacher. “Which is why we must do what we can to be good examples for God’s unique creation and image.”

“Amen to that,” Cinder agreed.


“Why is it ordered that human kind reproduce, populate, and use resources to their will? Wouldn’t that result in more evil people in the long run, undeserving to go up here?”

“Because humanity is inherently superior to Earth’s other creatures, thus they serve a higher power and are fortunate enough to know of Him and us,” said the teacher.

“I don’t know,” Silver scoffed. “Humans seem as weak as annoying temporary bugs.”

“Hey, that’s not very nice,” I said.

“And what are you gonna do about it, Gary?”

“It’s Gray!”

“Whatever.”


Silver asked, “Why hasn’t God killed Satan yet?”

“Satan is in Hell, frozen in a cold lake, as cold as his heart. Death would be too easy a punishment,” said the teacher.

“Jesus Christ died for mankind’s sins. Why hasn’t mankind evolved like us and washed themselves free of sin? He is benevolent, giving and powerful, shouldn’t his sacrifice have been enough to change mankind, while also bringing him back the next day?”

“I highly suggest we continue on with this lesson…” said the teacher.

“Will Heaven get another Light Bearer angel to replace Lucifer? If so, will he be named Lucifer the Second?”

“Michael, Raphael, and Gabriel are sufficient enough Archangels,” the teacher replied.

“Does God know who created Him? If He can do whatever He wants, why does he let mankind suffer?”

“That’s what messenger angels are for,” said the teacher.

“Can I be one in the future?” Cinder asked.

“No. Exterminators are bred to fight, not to bless others.”

Silver scoffed. “Thou shall not kill. Look at us and look at the puny humans, killing all the time! I’d say God’s doing a pretty lousy job in keeping His word.”

The class gasped and fell silent. The teacher glared hard at Silver, warning in his voice as he walked over. “Did you dare question Our Father out loud?”

Silver merely shrugged. “What if I did?”


Furious, the teacher sent Silver to the principal’s office. The paddle beatings she received only ignited her temper more. She had to miss several days as a result.

Cinder and I walked together outside on our way to the movie theater.

“Hi, I’m Cinder!” he said. His face had dull yellow markings on it.

“Gray,” I said as we shook hands.

A couple other Exterminator students walked beside him.

“Oh, this is Gold and Flax,” he said, as the yellow marked Exterminators waved hello.

A tall Exterminator, also with a yellow face walked a few feet away.

“Oh right, that’s my mom,” said Cinder. “She’s taking us to the movies. There are many classic movies and musicals: Lutheran, Catholic and Protestant documentaries, God Friended Me, a Christmas Carol, Narnia, you name it.”

Flax spoke in a low voice, “I heard there are several banned books and films that only those on Earth and Hell get to see. Harry Potter, Jaws, Carrie, any movie with Hell and Satan in it…” he went on and on. I tuned him out, clearly not interested in anything…

Though I did shudder a bit when he mentioned something called “Hazbin Hotel.” I wondered if such a place could actually exist…but soon shrugged it off.

There was one time in my youth that I remember quite vividly. I was practicing swinging my dagger for the first time. I walked over and saw the white winged angels off in the distance, playing instruments, talking, and spending time in a city whiter, cleaner, and larger than ours. None of them had a weapon, nor had black wings and horns. Instead, their faces were pale with red blushes on their cheeks. Some angels had white wings and the faces of dogs, cats, swans, doves, and even goblets. There were a wide variety of angels with human-like traits, and traits of animals and objects deemed sacred or “good” to humanity.

I stepped closer and my hand met an invisible barrier. Annoyed, I pounded on it, but still couldn’t get through. Even swiping my holy dagger did no good. I yelled in frustration, so loud that my mom and dad could hear me.

“Dad!” I called as I saw him. He flapped his wings over toward me. Mom followed suit.

“Why can’t I go over there and join them?”

“Well…” Dad began.

My dad sighed and my mom drew in a sharp breath.

“They’re old enough now, they should know,” Dad told Mom in almost a whisper.

“But Gray’s so young…”

“I know. But it’s best to let them know early on.”

Dad knelt down. “Because we’re Exterminators, not angels. We’re not allowed to go to the rest of Heaven.”

“But…why not?”

My mom tried to explain. “You see…we aren’t like other angels. We exist solely to fight, not to be guardian angels to humans or bestow miracles or anything. The other angels don’t come over here either.”

“But…look at all the stuff they have! It’s so pretty over there.”

I stared in wonder at the white clouds, some of them light pink and golden from sunsets. Grand gardens, one with the Tree of Life heavily guarded by a golden dragon. Choirs of angels singing on clouds in a circle. A large stained glass cathedral reminiscent of Notre Dame in white marble in the center of a town...standing proudly to welcome the citizens. And over perched on a high golden cloud was the grandest building of all. It was God’s palace, standing like Mount Olympus and glowing gold in the sunlight. Though no one was ever allowed to enter without permission. It all looked so fancy compared to our little town in a far off corner…darker clouds, more brawls between brothers and sisters…such was life here.

And…was that a random building off to the side with the words “Caroline’s Haven Hotel” at the top on it…”A place for recreation and moderate sins…?”



My dad stepped in, focusing my attention back. “Gray, there are plenty of amazing things in our community. Theaters, sports, schools, churches, stores…you have your whole life here…”

“Just like us…” said Mom.

“And those before us,” Dad finished.

“I…guess that’s alright,” I said, a bit of longing in my voice. “Do they…not like us?”

“We’re just…different,” said my dad. “And some people tend to…avoid others who are not like themselves. I-it’s nothing personal…it’s just out of habit.”

I could sense there was more to what he was saying, but one look into his eyes made me fall silent.

My mom gave me a comforting squeeze of my shoulder. “Don’t worry, you’ll fulfill your purpose here. There’s no need to go over there.”

“Yes, plus you’ll be exiled if you’re caught outside the parameters.”

“Platinum,” Ash scolded, under her breath.

“Come on, it’s time for our meditation session,” said my mom.

With a soft sigh and a last glance back at the unobtainable world, I followed my parents to the gardens.







(Gray) Chapter 2: Church, Schooling, and Flight Classes

(Gray) Chapter 4: Training, Preparation, and Initiation

(Gray) Chapter 5: My First Extermination

(Gray) Chapter 6: Albasador, Flax, Cinder and Silver

(Gray) Chapter 7: Getting Lost in Hell

(Gray) Chapter 8 Meeting Blue Raven 666

(Gray) Chapter 9: A Demonic Nuisance

(Gray) Chapter 10: Hoping For My Heavenly Home

Book Two
(Blue Raven) Chapter 11: Human life Summer 2015

(Blue Raven) Chapter 12: It’s a Hell-Knock Life (in Styx)

(Blue Raven) Chapter 13: Here there be Dragons/Life as a dragon demon

(Blue Raven) Chapter 14: The Deal With Vox

(Blue Raven) Chapter 15: Meeting Gray

(Blue Raven) Chapter 16: InSaiyans and Halucifer appear in Hell! (Meeting YouTubers HalusaTwin, InSaiyans and Ashboyo.)



Book Three

Adina and Fitch Arrive

Angels and Demons

Battle for Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment