Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Strike of Knowledge (Inspired by Bullet of Reason songs)

(A collection of song fics. Inspired by songs from Bullet of Reason. I do not own the song titles. For promotional use and entertainment, no copyright intended.)

(Rated Teen for physical violence, swearing, suicide, religion, drug and sexual references)

Constructive feedback is appreciated!

1.     Introduction
My name is Josh and I am just your average guy living in Ontario, Canada. My story may or may not sound interesting, but it was quite an ordeal for me. I barely made it through my struggles thanks to several beacons of hope. I won’t bore anyone with my life story, so I will start during the time I was a freshman at college.
It started when I was back home for fall break. Specifically, I was in my room studying for a literature test. Or at least I was trying to without daydreaming and texting Wendell, one of my old Jewish friends. Wendell had ginger hair, grass green eyes and often wore a red and white baseball cap. We used to play baseball during middle school and high school. Then, of course, college came and we went our separate ways. Wendell went to the United States to study abroad, while I decided to stay in Canada to figure out my life plans. I studied engineering and music at college. It wasn’t that long since I last saw him at graduation, but I still missed my close friend. I looked away from my phone and stared at the words on the page. As I stared at them longer and tried to absorb the knowledge they entailed, they started to blur and, turn into symbols of nonsense. I hoped that phenomenon was just boredom and not dyslexia or something.

Soon after, Ashley, my younger sister, broke my stupor with a loud knock on my door. “Josh, are you done with your homework yet?” she asked. “Not yet,” I answered. “But I want to play some video games with you!” “I can’t,” I replied. “Aww come on,” she pleaded. “I was thinking about Legend of Zelda, but I might change my mind…” That game was one of my all-time favorites. I opened the door and was greeted by my sister’s grinning face. “Okay, you got me,” I admitted. “But not too long. I have to get ready for work later.” Her dark brown curls bounced as she led the way downstairs to the Xbox in the living room. As we completed a dungeon level, there was a knock at the door. “It’s mom,” said Ashley. I opened the door and greeted her. “Hi mom,” I said as I gave her a hug. Our mother, Emily smiled at us as we took her hands and helped her into the house. Her hair was black, like mine and her hazel eyes were droopy. She worked at a local garden shop, selling flowers and outdoor supplies. Being slightly overweight, she would often go to the gym for workouts several times a week. From the tired look on her face, she must have had a busy day. “Thank you so much,” she said as Ashley and I made a spot for her on the couch. We talked for a while and then we got ready for bed. Both of us wanted to stay up late, with me being 21 and Ashley being 16. However, I remembered that I had work at Papa John’s the next day. I brushed my teeth and gave my face relief with a wet washcloth. Sighing, I said goodnight to everyone, went back to my room and fell into a quick slumber. 

No comments:

Post a Comment