Thursday, February 21, 2019

Merlin BBC: Morgause quotes




The Sins of the Father

A young woman with long blonde hair curling past her shoulders stood inside a dark castle. She wore a fancy red dress, the sequined sleeves for her arms, see-through. Black clouds hovered over the tall castle towers like a dark shadowy blanket. She stood in a small narrow courtyard with white candles huddled on the table in front of her. Small fires were lit in round torch holders in a row throughout the yard. Vines with leaves stretched around the pillars that used to hold up a now non-existent roof. It was true that the castle was very old, but it was a good place for a sorceress to hide.
The High Priestess spoke an incantation, allowing her to see current events in the face of a group of quartz crystals on a table.

“Hider eft funda on thysne middangeard…” (Again, set out from here, not in this world).


She smiled as she saw Arthur in the crystal. “Arthur Pendragon, a great destiny awaits you. The battle for your soul is about to begin.”




“My name is Morgause.”


“What do you want?”
“If Arthur has no desire to fight me, perhaps he should withdraw.”
“Then we have that in common.”
“I do not ask for special treatment.”
“My reasons are not your concern.”
“Who’s to say Arthur’s life won’t rest in my hands?”

“Make me a promise and I will spare your life.”
“Come to me three days hence and accept the challenge I set to you.”
“That is for me to decide.”
“Do I have your word that you will accept, no matter what?”



“I was here many years ago. I was just a baby at the time. I doubt you’d remember me.”
“I’m grateful for your help.”


“I know who you are.”
“It will heal soon enough.”
“You look tired.”
“I know for myself how troubling that can be.”
“I’m glad we have met now.”
“It was a gift from my mother.”
“Please, I would like you to have it. It’s a healing bracelet. It will help you sleep.”
“I hope you will remember me fondly.”


“Gefultume hi thaet heo onslaepe (Help assist her to sleep)”.



“You have a beautiful horse.”
“I shall expect to see you three days hence.”
“When the time comes, you will know your way.”
“The path you must follow will become clear to you.”
“I should thank you for allowing me to retrieve my sword.”
“You showed yourself to be a man of honor. You inherited that trait from your mother.”
“I knew her very well.”


“You kept your promise.”
“Place your head on the block.”
“You gave your word that you would do anything I asked.”
“You have shown me that you are truly a man of your word, Arthur Pendragon.”
“And for that, I will grant you one wish.”
“Tell me what it is that your heart most desires.”
“Perhaps you would like to see her.”
“As you wish.”


“It is time.”
“Close your eyes.”

Aris mid min miclan mithe thin suna to helpe. Hider eft funda the on thyssum laenum life the gehldost waes. (Use my power to arise from death to help your son. Hurry back to this world.)”

(Morgause as Ygraine)
“Arthur. Arthur.”
“My son.”
“When I last held you, you were a tiny baby.”
“I remember your eyes.”
“You were staring up at me.”
“Those few seconds I held you were the most precious of my life.”
“You have nothing to be sorry for.”
“No, you are not to blame.”
“Do not think that. It is your father who should carry the guilt for what happened.”
“It is not important. What matters is that you lived.”
“It is better left in the past.”
“Your father, he was desperate for an heir. Without a son, the Pendragon dynasty would come to an end. But I could not conceive.”
“Your father betrayed me. He went to the sorceress Nimueh and asked for help in conceiving a child.”
“You were born of magic.”
“I’m sorry, Arthur. Your father has deceived you as he deceived me.”
“To create a life, a life must be taken. Your father knew that.”
“He sacrificed my life so the Pendragon dynasty could continue. It makes you no less my son nor me any less proud of you.”
“Now I see you, I would have given my life willingly.”
“Do not let this knowledge change you.”

(Morgause)
“I cannot. Once the doorway is closed, it is closed forever.”
“I am truly sorry that you learned of your mother’s fate in this way. I can only imagine how it must feel to discover your father is responsible for her death.”
“It is an unforgivable betrayal.”

“Aetiewe me tha the ic sece. (Show me those I seek.)”























The Fires of Idirsholas

“Cnihtas Medhires, eower sawlas sind min sawlas. Onwac and cum her eft. Rid eft ond forsleah eft! Gedo, Uther Pendragon.(Knights of Medhir, your souls are my soul. Yield and come here again. Ready again and destroy again. Grief to Uther Pendragon.)”


“My Dearest Morgana,
Meet me tonight after sundown outside the castle gates. I will be at the minefield and the distinctive tree.
Until, then, keep a look out.
Morgause”

“You look well.”
“But you do not seem happy. Why’s that?”
“Pretend?”
“Have you ever imagined a new world, Morgana? One where Uther was no more?”
“And is that what you’d like?”
“And what stopped you?”
“So you want Uther destroyed and his rein to end?”
“You are wrong, Morgana. You underestimate your importance.”
“The decisions you make now, will change the shape of everything that is to come.”
“Whose side are you on, Morgana? Are you with Uther, or are you with me?”
“Are you prepared to help me bring about his downfall?”
“I can’t tell you how much it means to hear you say that.”


“Acenne slaep swylce cwalu. Acenne slaep swylce cwalu. Acenne slaep swylce cwalu.(Bring forth sleep that resembles violent death. Bring forth sleep that resembles violent death. Bring forth sleep that resembles violent death.)”





(Morgause arrives with the knights)
(Breaks down door and rushes toward dying Morgana, cradling her)

“What has he done to you?”
“You poisoned her.”
“Tell me what you used and I can save her.”
“You’re nothing but a servant, don’t tell me what to do.”
“Tell me the poison or you will die.”
Merlin: “Then she will die with me.”

“Astyre us thanonweard! Cnihtas Medhires, eower sawlas. Rid eft ond forsleah eft! (Guide us away from here! Knights of Medhir, your souls. Ready again and destroy again.”



“Keep away from her.”

“Bedyrene us! Astyre us thanonweard. (Conceal us! Guide us away from here!)”





The Tears of Uther Pendragon

Morgause: “My sister, how have you fared?”
Morgana: “Camelot has welcomed back its daughter with open arms.”
Morgause: “Uther does not suspect?”
Morgana: “He laps up my lies like the sniveling dog he is.”
Morgause: “And the boy?”
Morgana: “Merlin. He believes I’ve changed. And he’s right. Soon he will see exactly how much.” (Hands handkerchief)
Morgause: “You’ve done well.”

Morgause: “The tears of Uther Pendragon have only begun to fall.”
(Drops tissue and mandrake root)

(Mandrake shrieks)
Morgause: “The mandrake root is very special. Only those with magic can hear its cries. But for those without magic, the mandrake pierces the very recesses of the soul, twisting the unconscious, into the very image of fear and dread. Uther Pendragon will find that his great kingdom counts for nothing, when he has lost his mind.”


“Mid paem wundorcraeft paes ealdan aew ic pe hate niman Utheres wopdropa ond pa gemengan mid his blode. Sy he undewitting ond deofolseocnes his heortan afylle.(With ancient power, I curse you fervidly, I take Uther’s tears and mix those with his blood. He is insane and an evil sickness causes his heart to fall.)”

Morgause: “Already the rumors are spreading. The mandrake’s poison does its work well.”
Morgana: “Soon all of Camelot will believe their king is going mad.”
Morgause: “And a kingdom without a king is ripe for the picking.”
Morgana: “When do you go to Cenred?”
Morgause: “Tomorrow.”
Morgana: And he will do as you wish?”
Morgause: “Cenred wishes only to please me.”
Morgana: “Then your time with him has been well spent.”
(Mandrake shrieks)



Cenred: “To what do I owe this pleasure?”
Morgause: “If you will not leave your castle, then I must come to you.”
Cenred: (scoffs) “I see that you’ve lost none of your audacity.”
Morgause: “I wish I could say the same, but I find the great king Cenred cowering in his chambers when he should’ve met me at the border. Perhaps he has lost his nerve. Perhaps he is a coward.”
(Morgause attacks guards with magic. Cenred holds up his hand)
Cenred: You are very beautiful when you’re angry.”
Morgause: “Is that why you continue to defy me?”
Cenred: “Well, you wouldn’t like it if I made it easy for you.”
(both chuckle)

Cenred: “I’m certain you’ve not come all this way just to drink, Morgause.”
Morgause: “You know me well.”
Cenred: “Extremely well, and yet somehow we’re still close.”
Morgause: “I’ve come to talk to you about our old friend, Uther Pendragon.”
Cenred: “Yes, I have heard the sad news. He’s finally lost his mind.”
Morgause: “Camelot is weak. Weaker than it’s been for years. The kingdom is vulnerable, just as I promised.”
Cenred: “Yet it doesn’t change the fact the citadel is still impregnable.”
Morgause: “So even without his wits, Uther is too strong for you.”
Cenred: “You’re a woman of great courage, Morgause, but I don’t think with my sword. An assault on Camelot cannot be undertaken lightly.”
Morgause: “You forget, we have an ally in the court.”
Cenred: “That is no guarantee. Traitors blow like the wind.”
Morgause: “Not this one. She can be relied upon until the end. You can be certain of that.”


Morgause: “Sorry you had to wait. There was much to discuss.”
Morgana: “But your visit was successful?”
Morgause: “Cenred’s army ride for Camelot on my command.”
Morgana: “There is nothing you cannot do.”
Morgause: “It is you that gives me strength, sister.”
Morgause: “How goes the battle for Uther’s mind?”
Morgana: “When Cenred marches on Camelot, you will find a kingdom without a leader.”
Morgause: “Finally, we are ready.”
Morgana: “Not quite. Merlin suspects me.”
Morgause: “Has he told Arthur?”
Morgana: “Not yet, but he will.”
Morgause: “Well then, we must stop him.”
Morgana: “That will not be difficult.”
Morgause: “Why?”
Morgana: “Because he’s already here.”
Morgana: “Did you really think I was that stupid, Merlin?”


Morgause: “You intrigue me, Merlin. Why does a lowly servant continue to risk everything for Arthur and for Camelot?”
Morgause: “You know the answer, but you’re not telling me. Why?”
Morgause: “Come on, time and again, you’ve put your life on the line. There must be a reason.”
Merlin: “I believe in a fair and just land.”
Morgause: “And do you think Arthur will give you that?”
Merlin: “I know it.”
Morgause: “And then what? You think you’ll be recognized, Merlin? Is that it? All this so one day, you can be a serving boy to the king?”
Morgause: “No. There’s something more. There’s something you’re not telling me, isn’t there?”
Merlin: “If I told you…”
Morgause: “Well, you can take your secret to your grave.”

“Weorp untoworpenlic! (Inviolable suffering!)”

Morgause: “You chose to poison one of my own. You may regret that.”



Cenred: “My dear Morgause.”
Morgause: “Cenred.”
Cenred: “My army shall be here by nightfall. I’m glad that pleases you.”
Morgause: “I’ll wait and see if you deliver before I say that I am pleased.”
Cenred: “And when I do?”
Morgause: “Then I will give you a feast that you will never forget.”


Morgana: “Where have you been?”
Morgause: “What’s wrong, sister?”
Morgana: “It’s Merlin. He’s alive. He’s back in Camelot. He has thwarted us. He destroyed the mandrake root. Your enchantment’s been broken.”
Morgause: “Do not worry. The root has already done its work and Cenred’s army are less than a day from the city.”
Morgana: “Then it is time.”
Morgause: “Are you ready?”
Morgause: “Morgana, Cenred’s army are mighty, but they cannot bring down the city on their own. You too, must play your part.”
Morgana: “Tell me what I must do.”
(Morgause holds Rowan staff)
Morgause: “It is carved from the Rowan tree that grows at the very heart of the Isle of the Blessed. Only the High Priestesses and their Blood God have ever set eyes on it.”
Morgana: “My magic is still weak. I do not have the strength to wield such an instrument.”
Morgause: “Do not worry. The staff will guide you. It carries its own power.
Morgana: “I will not fail you.”
Morgause: “I know.”



(Morgause and Cenred watch the battle)
Cenred: “Fire!”

Cenred: “The lower town is ours.”
Morgause: “That will hardly fill the pages of history. What of the citadel itself?”
Cenred: “Their defenses are strong. Time for you to deliver your side of the bargain.”
Morgause: “Patience, Cenred. You will not be disappointed.”


(Morgause feels Morgana using the staff to bring the dead to life)
Cenred: “Enough of your games, Morgause. What has happened to your traitor?”
Morgause: “For such a great king, you have very little patience.”
Cenred: “The time for patience is over.”
Morgause: “You need not worry much longer. No army can fight on two fronts, not even the knights of Camelot.”


(Merlin destroys the staff)

Cenred: “Your traitor has failed us, just as I knew they would. I’m calling off the siege.”
Morgause: “You can’t.”
Cenred: “I cannot take the city unaided. That was not our bargain.”
Morgause: “You have failed me, Cenred.”
Cenred: “I would rather fail you, Morgause, than watch thousands of men die.”






The Crystal Cave

“King Gormause”

“Sister,
Come to the darkling woods at midnight.
Morgause”


Morgana: “Morgause.”
Morgause: “Sister, I waited for you the other night. What happened?”
Morgause: “Something is wrong.”
Morgana: “There is much to tell you, Morgause.”
Morgause: “What is it?”
Morgana: “I overheard Uther.”
Morgause: “What?”
Morgana: “Uther is my father. I am his daughter.”
Morgause: “Uther?”
Morgana: “He’s been lying to me all these years.”
Morgause: “But this is glorious news.”
Morgana: “He disowned me. He wants people to think that he’s the perfect king. It’s more important to him than his own flesh and blood.”
Morgause: “Don’t you see? This is wonderful. You have a legitimate claim to his throne.”
Morgana: “No, sister. You don’t understand. He must pay for this.”
Morgana: “You must go.”
Morgause: “No, I don’t want to leave you like this.”
Morgana: “You must, or they will find you here.”
Morgause: “Do not to anything rash, Morgana. Promise me.”
(Kisses)
Morgause: “We must bide our time.”



The Castle of Fyrien

(Morgause and Cenred observe Elyan in prison)

Morgause: “You found him, then.”
Cenred: “It was easy. He was exactly where Morgana said he’d be.”

(Cenred eats an apple and watches Gwen being dragged in)

Cenred: “Guinevere.”
Cenred: “I trust you had a pleasant journey.”
Gwen: “Why have you brought me to this place?”
Cenred: “I have a guest. I thought you’d like to meet him.”

(Guards drag Elyan in. Morgause watches through the bars.)
Gwen: “Elyan.”
Elyan: “Gwen.”
(both hug)
Cenred: “Brother and sister reunited. It warms the heart.”
Elyan: “What do you want from us?”
Cenred: (holds up knife) “All in good time.”
Gwen: “Why are we here, Elyan? What have you done?”
Elyan: “I didn’t do anything. I promise. Gwen, I swear. I was at my forge and they just came for me. I tried to resist, but they drugged me. There was nothing I could do.”
Elyan: “What would a man like Cenred want with us?”
Gwen: “I wish I knew.”
(Gwen flinches back)
Morgause: “You are a cruel man, Cenred.”
Cenred: “Is it cruel to give them a moment alone? They don’t have much to discuss.”
Morgause: “Indeed.”
Cenred: “Besides, the more she feels for her brother’s plight, the more she’ll do for us.”



Gwen: (drinks from a cup. Cenred tries to stroke her face.) “Where have you taken Elyan?”
Cenred: “He’s safe for now.”
Gwen: “How do I know that?”
Cenred: “We can talk about your brother later. I want to talk about you. And what you can do for me.”
Gwen: “What could I possibly do for you?”
Cenred: “You can bring me Arthur Pendragon.”
Gwen: “I am just a servant. I have no influence with the prince.” (tears up)
Cenred: (laughs) “I think we both know that’s not true.”
Gwen: “I don’t know what you’re talking about.”
Cenred: “Enough!”
Cenred: “You will bring him here. I don’t care how you do it. All I care about is that it’s done. You have a week.”
Gwen: “And if I do not?”
Cenred: “Then I’ll let you watch as while I tear your brother’s heart out.”




Morgause: “Sister.”
Morgause: “Is everything in place?”
Morgana: “Arthur’s taken the bait.”
Morgause: “So he means to rescue her brother.”
Morgana: “Just as we thought. There is nothing he would not do for her.”
Morgause: “Excellent. And he comes alone, I take it?”
Morgana: “Uther would never sanction an army for such a task. He rides with just Gwen and Merlin.”
Morgause: “Perfect. He is as good as ours.”
Morgana: “And once he’s dead?”
Morgause: “Why, then you’re Uther’s only child. And when the time is right, you may take your place on the throne of Camelot.”


Morgause: “So they are heading for the castle as planned?”
Morgana: “Yes, but Arthur means to catch you unawares.”
Morgause: “What do you mean?”
Morgana: “He knows of some tunnels beneath the castle.”
Morgause: “There must be a secret entrance. Did he say where?”
Morgana: “I’m sorry. That’s all I know.”
Morgause: “Then your work is not yet done, sister. When you find the entrance, you must lead us to it.”
Morgana: “But how?”
(Morgause holds out a silver ring with three amber gemstones)

“Laer us, forbringe us, aetlaede us. Wesu heofoncandel ure (Guide us, bring us forth, lead us. Your cunningly heavenly candle.”


Morgause: “When you are certain that you are alone, cast it upon the ground. Its magic will guide us.”


Cenred: “Morgana will lead us to the tunnel entrance?”
Morgause: “She has not failed us so far.”
Cenred: “Then Arthur’s fate is sealed.”
Morgause: “If you do your job properly.”
Cenred: “Don’t worry about me.
Morgause: “I don’t, believe me.”
Cenred: “And I thought you cared.”
Morgause: “I care only that Morgana takes her rightful place upon the throne of Camelot.”
Cenred: “I share that desire, Morgause.”
Morgause: “Of course you do. After all, you stand to gain much from Arthur’s death.”
Cenred: “I don’t deny it, but I’m rich and powerful already. I do this only to please you.”
Morgause: “Is that so? The please me.”


(The heroes get captured)

Cenred: “Well well, Arthur Pendragon. How kind of you to pay me a visit. And look, you brought some friends with you.”
Cenred: “Oh, the Lady Morgana, no less.”
Morgana: “Don’t so much as breathe on me, you pig.”
(Cenred grins at Moragause, looking through the window)
Cenred: “Well, the more the merrier, I say.”
Arthur: “I’m the one you want, Cenred. Let them go.”
Cenred: “You’re right, that would only be fair. But fair is for fools. Take them away.”
Arthur: “I won’t let you harm them! They’re innocent!”
Cenred: “Innocent? No friend of Camelot is innocent.”

(Cenred bows playfully to Morgause)

(Morgause feeds Cenred grapes and notices Morgana)
Morgause: “Sister, you’re unharmed, I trust?”
Morgana: “No thanks to your men.”
Cenred: “Forgive me, but we must keep up appearances.”
Morgana: “What have you done with Arthur?”
Morgause: “He’s safely under lock and key.”
Morgana: “Why not just kill him now?”
Cenred: “How coldhearted you’ve become.”
Morgause: “The prince still has his uses. He knows more about Camelot’s defenses than anyone.”
Morgana: “Arthur will never tell you anything.”
Morgause: “Cenred has his methods.”
(Cenred grins evilly)

(Merlin, Arthur and the others escape)

Cenred: “Arthur.”
Morgana: “You should have killed him when you had the chance.”
Cenred: “He won’t get far. My men will deal with him easily enough.”
Morgana: “Cenred, if he escapes…”
Morgause: “Do not fret, sister. You are like family to our brave prince. We will not leave this place without you. And when he comes, we’ll be waiting.”
Cenred: “And then, my Lady Morgana, you must play your part well.”
Morgana: “When have I not?”

(Arthur arrives into the throne room)

(Cenred pretends to hold Morgana hostage and kill her)
Cenred: “That’s close enough.”
Morgana: “Please don’t hurt me.”
Cenred: “One more step and she dies.”
Arthur: “You’re a coward, Cenred. Always were.”
Cenred: (laughs) It’s cowards who survive, Arthur. Now put down your sword.
Morgause: “Do as he says.”
Morgause: “You seem surprised.”
Arthur: “Hardly. I know what you’re capable of.”
Morgause: “Oh, you have no idea.”

(Summons a column of flame)

(Cenred releases Morgana. Cenred smiles while Morgana looks on, horrified.)

(Merlin destroys the column with a spell, blowing everyone back)
(Rocks crumble on everyone)
(Arthur grabs Morgana)



The Eye of the Phoenix

(Morgause as an old lady)
Morgause: “Help me, please. Please, just spare me a few minutes, of your time, sister.”
(Clasps hands)
Gwen: “My lady?”
Morgana: “It’s all right, Gwen. I won’t be a moment.”

Morgause: “We must be quick, sister. This enchantment will not hold for long. Tell me, what has Arthur chosen as his quest?”
Morgana: “He sets out tomorrow for the perilous lands.”
Morgause: “How perfect.”
Morgause: “Present this to the prince as a token of your good wishes. When the time is right, you must make a likeness of the prince and bind it to the gift using the skills that I taught you. When he does not return, you, sister, will take your rightful place as sole heir to the throne of Camelot.”

(Gwen sees a young Morgause in the mirror.)
Gwen: “My lady, are you alright?”
Morgana: “Why wouldn’t I be?”
Gwen: “I…I thought…”
Morgana: “The poor woman didn’t have a penny to feed her family. I felt duty-bond to help her, Gwen.”



Queen of Hearts

Morgause: (whispers) “Sister.”
Morgause: “Sister.”
Morgause: “Sister.”
(Door opens and torch is lit)
Morgause: “This way.”
Morgause: “Sister.”
Morgause: “Sister.”
Morgause: “This way.”

Morgause: “Hello, sister.”
(Both hug)
Morgana: “I can’t tell you how good it is to see you.”
Morgause: “I received your message. Tell me about these dreams that are so troubling to you.”
Morgana: “They show a ceremony in Camelot. It’s my serving girl, Gwen. She sits beside Arthur on a throne. She’s crowned queen. I see the same thing night after night.”
Morgause: “There are some dreams that are so powerful, your healing bracelet will not stop them.”
Morgause: “Is it a prophecy?”
Morgana: “How can that be? She’s a servant. Uther would never allow Arthur to marry her.”
Morgause: “There are many futures, sister. Some are shrouded in mist and others are clear as cut glass. But your gift is powerful and this vision cannot be ignored. You cannot allow this serving girl to take your rightful place upon the throne. Whatever relationship exists between Arthur and …Gwen, you must destroy it.”




The Coming of Arthur


Morgause: “What is it you wanted to tell me, sister?”
Morgana: “Arthur rides at dawn. He’s been sent to recover some kind of cup. The Cup of Life, they called it.”
Morgause: “The Cup of Life? Are you sure?”
Morgana: “I heard every word.”
Morgause: “How long I have searched for it.”
Morgana: “Is it as powerful as they believe?”
Morgause: “Oh yes. Trust me, sister, with the cup in our possession, Camelot would soon be at our mercy. Where is the cup, now?”
Morgana: “It’s in the hands of the Druids. All I know is that their camp lies within Cenred’s kingdom.”
Morgause: “Then perhaps, Cenred will be of use to us again. He has spies everywhere. If he can have Arthur followed…”
Morgana: “Then Arthur will lead us all the way to the cup itself.”
(Both laugh)

Morgause: “Which way was the prince heading?”
Cenred: “For the forest of Ascetir, my lady.”
Cenred: “Send word to the scouts in the area. They must be prepared.”
Guard: “Yes, sire.”
Morgause: “Can your scouts be relied upon?”
Cenred: “Of course. I handpicked them myself.”
Morgause: “Why does that not reassure me?”
Cenred: “Do not concern yourself, my lady. The cup of life will soon be in our hands, and when it is, Camelot will be ours.”
Morgause: “You forget yourself, Cenred. It is Morgana that will take the throne, not you or I.”
Cenred: “I make no claim upon the throne, only the spoils of victory.”
Morgause: “You will get what you deserve, Cenred. I can assure you of that.” (Strokes his chin)


Morgause: “How could you let this happen? You let Arthur slip through your fingers.”
Cenred: “He was taken before my men could get to him.”
Morgause: “Taken? By whom exactly?”
Cenred: “The slave trader, Jarl. He’s been working our western border for months.”
Morgause: “And you let him?”
Cenred: “We have an understanding. He doesn’t bother me and I don’t bother him.”
Morgause: “And where is this Jarl now?”
Cenred: “Don’t worry, Morgause. I’ll find him soon enough.”
Morgause: “See that you do.”
Cenred: “Are you threatening me?”
Morgause: “Trust me, Cenred. When I’m threatening you, you’ll know about it.”



Cenred: “You’re certain it was Arthur?”
Jarl: “Oh yes, it was the prince, alright. Matched your description, exactly. He had his servant with him. Him and another man.”
Morgause: “And you have proof of this?”
(Hands her the royal seal on a letter)
Cenred: “Where were they headed?”
Jarl: “West to the forest of Gedney. They’ve no horses. They tracks told us as much. You’ll soon run them down.”
Cenred: “Excellent.”
Jarl: “Always glad to be of help to people of quality such as yourselves. Perhaps some small compensation for my time and trouble?”
Morgause: “My dear man, how remiss of me. You will have your reward this instant.”
(kills him using magic)


(Morgause holds the cup)

Cenred: “Loyal friends, our time is at hand. From today, no sword will fell you. No spear will stop you short. Your blood will not be spilled in vain, but in victory. You march with the mightiest weapon of them all…immortality.”

“Gegadra anne here fram disse bune ond heora blod. Swa paet he ne abuge and ne swelte noht, ac libbe a on ecnysse (I gather the entire army and their blood by this Cup. So they won’t submit and they’ll never die at all, but live forever.)”

 (Watches army ride off with torches)
Cenred: “Magnificent aren’t they? My army of immortals.”
Morgause: “Your army?”
Cenred: “Well, they are my men.”
Morgause: “Correction. They were your men. It is I that made them immortal. They are bound to me now.”
Cenred: “Do not think for one moment that you can cross me, my lady.” 
Morgause: “Cross you? Never.”

“Ic bebiode the thine cyning cwellan! (I command you to kill your king!)”
(Morgause incants a soldier, ordering him to kill Cenred.)

Cenred: “What are you doing?”
Morgause: “Have I not always been honest with you, Cenred?”
Cenred: “Stop. Stop. You answer to me, not to her.”
(Cenred stabs undead soldier.)
Cenred: “Morgause! Morgause! Make him stop! Make him stop!”
Morgause: “Did I not say that when I threatened you, you’d know about it? Well, now you know.”
Cenred: “Morgause, please…”
(Cenred dies).


(In the throne room)

Morgause: “Well, Uther, how the mighty have fallen.”
(Takes off his crown)
“I don’t think you’ll be needing this anymore.”
Uther: “This is unlawful. You cannot do this. You have no right to the throne!”
Morgana: “No, she does not. But I do. I am your daughter, after all.”
Morgana: “Don’t look so surprised. I’ve known for some time.”
(Morgause nods at guy. Guy forced to crown her with guard behind him)
Man: “By the power vested in me, I crown thee Morgana Pendragon, Queen of Camelot.”



Morgana: “Tell me, Sir Leon, how have you enjoyed the first week of my reign? Speak up. Are you and your fellow knights ready to honor and serve me?”
Leon: “I would rather die.”
Morgause: “That can be arranged.”
Leon: “My loyalty is to the king and Prince Arthur. There is nothing you can do to change that.”
Morgana: “We shall see.”

Morgana: “I will give you one more chance to pledge your allegiance to me.”
Knights: “Love live the king!”
Morgana: “Perhaps this will help you change your mind.”
(Guards fire at civilians)
Leon: “No!”


Gwen: “Morgause has the key to the cell. It’s in her chambers.”
Morgana: “It’s as we suspected. She’s betrayed me. I will have her executed at dawn.”
Morgause: “No, wait. This is good. Let her run to her beloved prince. She will lead us straight to him.”

(Moragause spies on Gwen)

Morgana: “Sounds like the wait is over.”

“Beo bu leohte bewunden! (You are surrounded by light!)”

Morgause: “The potion does its work.”
Morgana: “Off you go. Hurry along to your beloved prince.”


“Scin Scir! (Shine brightly!)”

Morgause: “This way.”


Morgause: “He was lucky to escape.”
Morgana: “I’m sorry, sister. What can he do? Arthur has but a handful of men. We have an immortal army at our disposal.”
Morgause: “Yes but whilst Arthur lives, the people will not yield.”
Morgana: “Then we will make them.”
Morgana: “Tonight, we will have a gallows built, and tomorrow, one by one, we will put an end to the knights of Camelot.”



(Morgause incants Merlin away from the cup, slamming him against the wall)
Morgause: “I have a feeling I won’t be seeing you again.”
Gaius “No. You won’t.” “Oferswinge! (Strike her!)”
(Morgause blasted backwards, then slammed into a pole)
(Merlin knocks the cup over)

Morgana: (rushes to unconscious Morgause) “No ! No! Sister.” (cries)
Merlin: “It’s over, Morgana.”
Morgana: “No, you’re wrong. This has just begun. No. No! No! No!”
(Morgana screams using magic, collapsing the place, allowing her and Morgause to escape)



The Darkest Hour

(Morgana carries Morgause in chart)
Morgana: “Are you alright?”
Morgause: “Yes. Thank you, sister. But we must hurry. Night is nearly upon us and we still have far to go.”

(Meeting the river ferry. Morgause gives him a coin, to travel to the Isle of the Blessed)
Morgause: “You know where we wish to go.”

(Morgana leads Morgause to a stone table)
Morgause: “Samhain is almost upon us. We must hurry.”
Morgana: “I can’t do this.”
Morgause: “Sister. Remember what I’ve told you. It is the only way. What you are about to do will affect everyone, even you. But most importantly, it will bring our enemies to their knees. You must be strong and remember that.”
(Holds dagger to Morgana)
Morgause: “Do not be sacred.”
Morgause: “I am not long for this world. There is nothing left for me here now. Please, sister. Let my parting be my final gift to you.”
(Lies down and closes her eyes)

“Eala leofu sweoster paem gastum befaeste ic pe. Alys pa peoster pe inne onwunap: ongunne dwolma! (Oh dear sister, I entrust you to the spirits. Release the darkness that remains inside you: chaos begin!)”

(Morgana chants and stabs Morgause)

No comments:

Post a Comment