Monday, February 11, 2019

Beerus and Whis scene


“My Lord,” called Whis who was standing in Beerus’s sleeping chamber in the palace on his planet. “It’s time to wake up.”
He got a big yawn from the purple cat-like god in response.
“It can’t be that hard to get up. You’ve only been asleep for five years.”
“I don’t wanna,” Beerus groaned, still curled up on his golden cat bed.
“You don’t want me to sing, do you?” Whis asked playfully.
Beerus lifted his head slightly and grinned. “I brought ear plugs this time. You trick is not gonna work on me like last time.”  Beerus yawned again and rested his head on one of his paws.
Whis rolled his eyes and came up with a plan. He disappeared from the chamber and appeared in the kitchen. Moments later, Whis reappeared in the same spot he was before. The only difference was the angel was now sitting on a comfortable chair, with a bowl of freshly made hot ramen with vegetables, slices of meat, and an egg on top.
Having a good sense of smell, Beerus sniffed, eyes still closed. He opened his eyes when he realized what the food was. He stumbled out of bed and promptly fell off a floating piece of rock, startled by one of the hovering hourglass alarms blowing up. Whis waved his hand and slowed his decent. He landed with a thunk onto the ground. Sighing, Beerus shook his head and walked over to Whis.
“It’s ramen!” he explained, happily. “I hadn’t realized how hungry I could get, even after that short nap.”
Whis tapped his staff on the ground, and in a flash of light, the two of them appeared in the dining room. Aquatic creatures swam to and fro in the deep blue water from outside.
Whis mentioned to a pot with more soup inside. “There’s plenty for both of us,” he said. “I also made some tofu, rice, mixed vegetables and smoked salmon too.” The food lay on plates on the table. “I was going to save it all for myself but…”
“You what?!” Beerus asked aloud.
Whis shrugged, “I’m just saying, my Lord, I love cuisines as much as you do.  I had to make sure I got plenty to eat.”
“And not saving any for me?”
“You were asleep. I’ve made food when you were in bed before. I don’t sleep, remember?”
Beerus sighed deeply. “Food and sleep…two essential things in my million year life…besides destroying planets. So hard to choose between each one!”
“Indeed,” Whis said with a chuckle.
“Though how are you able to go without ever sleeping? You’re missing out on getting essential rest,” asked Beerus.
“Well sometimes I do ‘rest’ per se, but it’s mostly meditation and mental exercises. Besides there’s so much to do, even for someone who’s lived so long,” explained Whis. “Besides, you’re a cat, or partly so. Cats need their downtime.”
“What was that? What did you just call me?! I’m a god, not some mortal feline!”
Beerus crushed a fork in his hand and it instantly crumbled to dust.
“Come now, my Lord, there is no reason to get so upset. I meant no offence by any means. Now finish your ramen before it gets cold.”
“Fine then,” Beerus responded, digging into his meal and slurping up the long noodles into his mouth.
“You know, for a supreme deity, you do show a gross lack of table manners,” Whis muttered.
Beerus looked up from licking the broth with his tongue at Whis. “I can hear you, you know.”
Whis laughed in response and began eating.
Hours later, nearly all the food was gone.
“I’m stuffed,” Beerus said, patting his stomach.
“If you keep eating so much, you’ll be fat like Champa,” Whis teased.
“Shut up!” he responded shortly before letting out a burp. “I’m far better than my brother in physique, intelligence, everything really. Don’t forget that we won the Universal Tournament against Universe 6, the baseball game on earth and the Tournament of Power.”
He sat back, arms behind his head, a look of arrogance on his face.
“True, but Champa did beat you in that arm wrestling contest out in space. He got to eat a deluxe chocolate éclair for being the winner. You got so mad that you blew up that one planet between Mars and Jupiter. Earthlings call it Planet X.”
“Wow, that was a long time ago,” said Beerus. “Time flies by even when you’re immortal.”
Beerus stood up and stretched his arms. “Well, time to scout space and find worthless planets to destroy.”
“Wait, you need to brush your teeth, my Lord.”
“Do I have to?” he complained.
Whis flared at him, eyebrow raised.
“Okay,” Beerus relented and walked toward the bathroom.
“And floss as well!” Whis added over the angry stomping of Beerus’s feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment