Friday, August 2, 2019

Pursuit of Perfection (Entrapta and Hordak in Seasons 1-3)






“Season 1: Promise”

Hordak sat on his throne, staring off into space. Hordak looked over as his imp companion arrived.
“What do you have for me, my little spy?”
His imp crawled up on the left arm rest of the throne. The imp opened his mouth and a recording of Entrapta’s voice came through.
“Catra, I’ve made great strides in analyzing the data from the First Ones data crystal. Look.”

‘Fascinating,’ Lord Hordak thought. He didn’t think that Entrapta, a new princess who had taken residence in the Fright Zone could be of much use at first. At first glance, she appeared to be an eccentric troublemaker, eager to play with any tool that was placed in front of her.
Hordak listened to the conversations further and he thought… ‘Perhaps this Dryl princess will be of great use to me and to the Horde.’
Entrapta seemed to be the only one to understand the functions of the First Ones tech they had recovered from the winter wasteland. Having come from another world, Hordak desired to possess the most advanced technology on Etheria…and use it to potentially conjure other universes.
“Where did this come from?” Catra’s voice asked from the recording.
“Oh, you know, here and there, rooms,” came Entrapta’s reply.
“Where there people in these rooms?”
“Well, not when I went back to take the stuff.”
“You belong here with us.”
“So the data…”
Hordak heard Entrapta squeal with delight as the crystal was inserted into the computer.
“Look at these readings. Incredible. This seems to confirm my theories about the techno-organic nature of First Ones machinery, resulting in thaumatrological compatibility between magic and science!”
So Entrapta figured out that First Ones tech was infused with technology and their magic, being partly mechanical, and partly alive in their own way. With both magic and technology on the Horde’s side, it would give his army an advantage over the magic wielding rebels.

Catra’s voice was heard again, after Hordak tuned out the interactions between Catra, Entrapta, and Scorpia.
“Yes, or no, did that crystal give you enough data to integrate our weapons?”
Catra was a foolish girl. What Hordak had in mind involved more than just weapons. It involved inter dimensional travel, advanced use of magic, perhaps fiddling with time and space itself. No one else could comprehend his grand plans.
“Weapons? Ha! This is so much bigger than weapons! This could change everything. Etheria’s not just a planet. Whatever the First Ones did to it, they went deep”
‘Well, it seems like Entrapta got rudimentary basics in her head.’
Catra spoke again, “And what does that mean?”
“You’re asking me about my theories? I’ve waited years for someone to ask me about my theories! Hang on, I made a model.”
Entrapta sounded like an excited child who completed their first science project for class.
 “Behold, Etheria. The First Ones didn’t just settle on the surface of Etheria. Their technology runs throughout the planet’s core. This whole planet, it’s all First Ones’ tech.”
 “And what are those supposed to be?”
 “Rune stones. From the data I’ve managed to extract, they regulate the planet through the princesses. They’re directly connected to each other and to the planet’s power grid in a delicate balance.”
 “Which means?”
 “Which means they’re our best access point to hack the planet.”
Hordak tried not to scoff at their pathetic attempts to rule Etheria.
 “Hack the planet?”
 “Hypothetically. But it’s not so simple. There’s only a handful of Runestones in the whole world.”
Hordak tuned out their conversations until they got to more important details. Catra spoke first.
 “Okay calm down. What exactly are you planning on doing to the Black Garnet?”
 “If we hack the Runestone grid, we could boost the Garnet’s power and use it for…well anything. As a power source. As …”
 “A weapon?”
 “Potentially. But if it’s like my other experiments, the results will be explosive.”
Scorpia’s voice was heard.
 “I don’t think Shadow Weaver will like that.”
Catra spoke again.
 “Scorpia’s right. Shadow Weaver won’t like it. So I will absolutely get you the Black Garnet. Leave it to me.”

So Catra and Entrapta were planning on merging First Ones tech with the Black Garnet…magic and science together. It was an ingenious plan. 



Catra: “Alright, hurry it up. Those machines aren’t going to hook up themselves.”
Shadow Weaver: “They won’t be hooked up at all.”
Scorpia: “Shadow Weaver. We just…uh…”
Shadow Weaver (to Catra): “Silence! Did you really think you could invade my inner sanctum without me noticing? I never thought you were so bold as to openly rebel, but it’ll be my pleasure to put you back in your place.”
Catra: “Oh Shadow Weaver, I can do whatever I want with this hunk of rock.”
Shadow Weaver: (chuckles) “Absurd. By whose authority?”
Hordak: “By mine.”
Hordak appears on the overhead screens. Catra, Entrapta and Scorpia bow.
Shadow Weaver: “Lord Hordak, I don’t understand.”
Hordak: “Catra and Entrapta have been working on a way to meld this strange First Ones tech with our machines, to weaponize it. I found out and was intrigued. I gave Force Captain Catra and her team my blessing to go ahead. So, understand, Shadow Weaver, I’m displeased with your interruption.”
Shadow Weaver: “My Lord, you’re really going to let this…this princess tinker with my Runestone?”
Entrapta cowers in fear.
Hordak: “Her tinkering has boosted the firepower of every weapon she’s touched. So yes, she gets to tinker with whatever she wants, including the Black Garnet, which is mine to give or take as I see fit.”
Shadow Weaver: “You can’t. You can’t do this! I alone have learned how to draw power from it, a feat no sorceress has done before. I have unlocked its potential!”
Hordak: “And you wasted it on parlor tricks. Force Captain Catra, proceed. The Garnet is yours.”
Catra: “Yes, Lord Hordak.”
Shadow Weaver: No!”
Destroys the screens with her magic.

“Season 1: The Battle of Bright Moon”
Scorpia, Catra, and Entrapta walk over to Hordak.
Hordak: “Force Captain, it seems your experiment has failed.”
Entrapta: “On the contrary, the experiment was a huge success. I know more about First Ones tech than ever. This is just the beginning.”
Catra: “I got us closer to conquering Bright Moon than anyone ever has. Not to mention the Whispering Woods is still in ruins. Etheria is ours for the taking.”
Hordak: “Very well, Force Captain Catra. You will have other chances to prove your worth to me as my second in command.”
“Season 2: The Frozen Forest”
Catra: “With the woods frozen, princesses distracted by bots, we’ve been able to gain significant ground.”
Hordak: “You have not disappointed me, Force Captain. Clearly I was wise to promote you.”
Entrapta: “I’m just gonna borrow this.”
(Entrapta hops behind Hordak’s throne, holding a wrench in her hair, a metal face barrier on)
(Entrapta observes the wrench)
Entrapta: “Oh, what is that?”
Catra: “Uh yes. We’ve kept the princesses distracted, but we could be doing more. We should be working to take them out, once and for all. Isn’t that right, Entrapta? Entrapta!”
(Entrapta turns and removes the metal mask)
Entrapta: “Oh right.”
(Entrapta claps her purple hair hands and a larger bot enters the scene)
Entrapta: “May I introduce, Emily’s Kid Sister. EKS for short. With First One’s tech at its core, this little beauty has enough power to rival a princess.”
(Entrapta uses a thin black device to shot a green blast at the robot’s metal leg, which regenerates)
Hordak: “Impressive indeed. And you can make more of these?”
Entrapta: “Yes! I mean no. I mean, I could. But I only had enough First One’s tech to make four.”
Catra: “But I know where we can get more.”

“Season 2: Signals”
(Entrapta works on a round device on a table. The table wobbles).
Entrapta: “Hmm.”
(goes back to work)
(table moves again)
(Entrapta stops, and goes under the table, noticing a loose black screw)
Entrapta: “Emily, hand me a six-sided hex driver.”
(Robot scurries around, throwing things in the search. Emily beeps and shakes her metal head)
Entrapta: (groans) “You’re right Emily, how can we possibly work like this?” (falls back onto the table in frustration)

(Entrapta shouts and falls through a hole from a pipe).
Entrapta: “Hi.”
Catra: “You’re not a prisoner anymore. You don’t have to sneak around.”
Entrapta: “The ducts are faster. I don’t have time to waste. I need a six-sided hex driver right now.”
Catra: “I’m the one who doesn’t have time to waste. Aren’t you some kind of genius? Make do with what you have.”
Entrapta: “Of course I could, but it’s the principle. Use the proper tool for the job. If you can’t help me, it’s fine. I saw one in Hordak’s lab.”
(Catra hisses and lunges toward her)
Catra: “I know you’re new to the Fright Zone, and possibly to being around people in general, but Hordak isn’t somebody to mess with. Under no circumstances will you go anywhere near Hordak’s sanctum.”
Entrapta: “Ooh. He calls his lab a sanctum. Oh, this is so classy!”
Catra: “Focus! I need you to promise that you will stay away from Hordak. Promise!”
Entrapta: “Okay, okay! I promise.”
(Entrapta goes back up)

(Entrapta speaks into a recorder, tapping her gloved hands on her robot)
Entrapta: “Ethical dilemma number, uh… sixty three. I told Catra I wouldn’t go into Hordak’s lab. But if she never finds out, does it count? I could just pop in, grab the tool and pop out. No one would ever know. But I would know. I shouldn’t do it. Or should I? No, I shouldn’t.”
(Entrapta sneaks in)
Entrapta: “A six-sided hex driver.”
(Entrapta reaches for the tool and then notices the green electricity)
Entrapta: “This is amazing.” 
(Light goes out)
Entrapta: “Oh.”
(Ducks from Hordak’s hand swiping the table, covering her mouth. Hordak leaves)
Entrapta: “Well, there’s no reason to get huffy just because an experiment failed. Failure is a vital part of all scientific endeavor.”
(Pats Emily on the head and grabs the hex driver)
Entrapta: “What if I given up on you after the first explosion? Or the 50th? I know. I should leave, but I have to stay. For science.”


(Entrapta unplugs a dark cord from the metal pillar and connects green cords together. Blue sparks spread from the cords. Entrapta grabs the hex driver.)
Entrapta: “Hello. You’re blocking my light. If you could just step aside…”
Hordak: “Get out!”
Entrapta: “Well, just a sec. I’m almost finished. All done, okay bye.”
(Emily pushes Entrapta out of the room)
Hordak: “There will be dire consequences for this flagrant breach of conduct.”
Entrapta: “You were using uninsulated cables. I, uh, replaced them for you. Try it again. It should hold the charge now.”
Hordak: “Hmm. Huh?”
(Green electricity comes on in a sphere)
Hordak: “She was right.”
Entrapta: “Of course I was right.”
(Entrapta appears beside Hordak.)
(Hordak’s imp takes the hex driver from Entrapta’s hand)
Entrapta: “It’s beautiful. It’s a power source, isn’t it? What are you building that needs so much power?”
(Entrapta looks at a screen)
Entrapta (gasps): “I recognize these formulas! You’re experimenting with portals? But that’s…I mean, I’m familiar with the concept, but multi-dimensional gates are theoretical. No one’s come close to actually achieving one. Right?”
Hordak: “Obviously someone from a backwater planet such as yours couldn’t possibly comprehend it.”
Entrapta: “Hey. All right. I’m the one who got your power source working, so tell me everything.”
Hordak: “Portals aren’t theoretical, they’re real. And I’m going to open one.”
Entrapta: “You are? Ah! Can I help you? Just think of the possibilities! You could transport troops, and weapons, whatever you need, from one side of the planet to the other!”
Hordak: “You think too small. Unsurprising. You can’t begin to understand the potential a device of this nature will possess.”
Entrapta: “Wait! If Etheria is a backwater planet, does that mean that there are others?”
Hordak: “Of course there are. There ae countless galaxies filled with countless other worlds. Etheria is the only planet I’ve ever encountered that does not seem to understand that.”
Entrapta: “Other planets? And you’ve been there?”
(Hordak grins)

(Entrapta fixes another green cable)
Entrapta: “This is probably the max with what you’ve got to work with here. If we had some First One’s tech, we could generate even more voltage.”
Catra: “I’m sorry, Lord Hordak! Entrapta is new. I promise she will never bother you again.”
Hordak: “You are the one bothering me, Force Captain, with your unwelcome intrusion. I am working, with Entrapta’s assistance.”
Entrapta: “Did you hear that, Emily? I’ve never had a lab partner before.”

“Season 2: Light Spinner”

 (Electricity goes dark)
Entrapta: “Oh hi Catra. What are you doing here?”
Catra: “I’m a Force Captain. What are you doing here?”
Entrapta: “I’ve been integrating the First Ones’ tech we got from the Northern Reach into Hordak’s portal mainframe. But it maybe, slightly, completely overloaded the Fright Zone energy grid. We’re gonna have to redesign that.”
Hordak: “What Entrapta is doing does not concern you, Force Captain.”
(Entrapta looks at Hordak and Catra, wondering why they looked tense).
Entrapta: “Oh. Were you having a meeting? Sorry, again. I guess I should be going.” (lifts herself up using her hair)
Hordak: “No, you stay.”
(Entrapta hops down)
Hordak to Catra: “You have two days to extract whatever information you can from your prisoner. Then you will banish her to Beast Island.”
Catra: “But…”
Hordak: “Do you understand? Or do I have to make myself understood?”
Catra: “No, Lord Hordak. I understand.”
Hordak: “Good. Dismissed.”
Entrapta: “We should be able to initiate our first test of the portal machine as soon as I rebuild the electrical grid.” (Entrapta sits on the arm of the throne as Hordak sits.)

Season 3 (Spoilers)





“Season 3: The Price of Power”
Hordak works on his metal arm and reaches for the six sided hex driver. He clutches his side in pain. Entrapta pops out of the pipe, upside down.
Entrapta: “Hordak, great. I’ve got a lot to cover with you today.”
Enrapta hops down and shows Hordak four screens with data on them, holding the devices with her hair.
Entrapta: “I’ve integrated the First Ones tech from the Northern Reach, to our portal machine, but we’re still missing something. Luckily, I just picked up a signal. It’s some sort of First Ones message.”
Entrapta shows a screen with the symbol neon First Ones writing.
Entrapta: “I don’t know what these other words are, but this one’s easy. It means ‘portal.’ It could be the missing something we’re looking for.”
Entrapta looks around.
Entrapta: “Where’s Catra? We should send her out ASAP.”
Hordak: “Catra is no longer a concern of yours. She’s being sent to Beast Island.”
Entrapta: “I’m confused.”
Entrapta runs in front of Hordak.
Entrapta: “As you can see, the overall productivity of the Horde has increased by 400 percent, since Catra has been your second in command. And look at this chart. The evidence shows that First Ones tech has gotten us closer than ever to creating a working portal. Catra has been incredibly successful at getting new tech for us. And this latest signal is coming from here. The Crimson Waste.”
Entrapta pulls out a map.
Entrapta: “We don’t have a moment to spare. We need Catra.”
Hordak swipes the map from Entrapta’s hands.
Hordak: “It is meaningless. I’m not going to squander troops on a lifeless wasteland. This discussion is over.”
Entrapta sighs, lowered her head, the mask falling back on, and lifts herself out of the room back through the pipe.


Catra is brought out, handcuffed between two guards to Hordak. Scorpia and the others stand at attention to the side.
Hordak: “I want you all to watch and learn. There is nothing I do not know. Nothing I am not willing to do to punish those who betray my trust. Your former Force Captain has proven to be compromised, ineffective, and worthless. To the rest of you, take a lesson from this. This is what happens to failures.”
Catra: “You’re the failure.”
Everyone gasps.
Catra laughs.
Catra: “You need me, just like you needed Shadow Weaver, because you have no idea how to run this place. All you know how to do is hide in your lab. Maybe that’s why you can’t defeat a group of teenagers.”
Scorpia (gasps) “Catra.”
Hordak growls but then stops and has a plan.
Hordak: “Save your little speech. There has been a change of plan.”
Entrapta’s hair curls around Catra’s face.
Entrapta: “Hi Catra. I saved your life. You’re welcome.”
Entrapta does a peace sign, pats Catra on the head with her hair, and then moves to stand beside Hordak.
Catra: “I don’t understand.”
Hordak: “Entrapta has interceded on your behalf. You should be thanking her. Instead of the many punishments I intended, you are being sent to retrieve the First Ones tech for us. In the Crimson Waste.”
Catra: “The Crimson Waste? It’s a total dead zone. Nothing survives out there.”
Hordak: (laughs) “Exactly.”
Catra gasps.
“Season 3: Huntara”
Entrapta and Hordak stand in front of an unfinished portal.
Entrapta: “Day 135, this could finally be it. Initiating first test. Here we go. Aha!”
Entrapta presses a button. A sphere of energy forms from the metal tower. Electricity carries several long metal pieces in a circle, moving faster. The pieces stop and are put together like large puzzle pieces. A green portal forms through the circular opening. Entrapta and Hordak smile. Entrapta then suddenly gasps as the device gets unstable.
Entrapta: “Something’s wrong. I’m turning it off.”
Hordak: “No, you fool. It’ll blow.”
Entrapta runs to the portal and Hordak grabs her hand and pulls her back. The device explodes in a flash of light. Hordak and Entrapta are on the ground among the rubble and fizzles of lightning. A wire comes loose from Hordak’s left metal hand and he grunts in frustration.
Entrapta stands up.
Entrapta: “This doesn’t make any sense. It should work. The machine didn’t have enough power, so we added First Ones tech. Then it was blowing out the power grid, so we rerouted it. Now it’s powered, it’s functioning, but it won’t activate a portal. It’s like there’s a key. Maybe when Catra brings that tech back from the Crimson Waste…”
Hordak: (laughs) “Catra is never coming back from that fool’s errand. The machine is a failure. We’re done here. Get out.”
Entrapta: “That was just our first test. If we try…”
Hordak: “I said, we’re done.”
Hordak’s imp pulls Entrapta out of the room by her hair. Entrapta looks back, concerned, before the door closes.

Entrapta: “I know Hordak told me to go away, but I have some ideas for the portal machine. Emily will you cut that…(shouts)”
Emily, the robot pushes her against a glass vial, glowing green. Entrapta looks and sees an unborn blue creature with bat wings, connected by wires in the water.
Entrapta: “Curious.”
Entrapta spots Hordak having his armor removed from the overhead machines. A small hole in his blue and white arm is revealed. Several other holes surrounded by metal are also on Hordak’s body.
Entrapta: “Okay, Emily, you might have a point. Quietly, quietly…”
Entrapta steps on a wire, which break apart, causing metal to clang to the ground loudly. One big hunk of metal crashes against the ground, catching Hordak’s attention.
Entrapta: “Hi.”
Hordak: “Get out. Get out right…”
Hordak groans and passes out, Entrapta running frantically toward him.
Hordak wakes up with a gasp, a blue blanket around him.
Entrapta: “Ta-da! I made you soup. Soup always makes me feel better.”
Entrapta places a tray with an array of small bowls in front of him. She holds out spoons toward Hordak in her hair, Hordak cringing away from all eight of them. Hordak yells in anger.
Entrapta places soup for Hordak’s imp, who sniffs then pinches his nose in disgust.
Entrapta: “Okay, I know one big soup bowl is probably better, but they’re so cute.”
Hordak: “I am not discussing this.”
Hordak gets up on shaky legs, then collapses. Entrapta catches him in her hair and holds him up.
Entrapta: “Your armor, it’s holding you together.”
Hordak: “It is none of your concern.”
Entrapta runs in front of him.
Entrapta: “You’re from another planet. That thing in the vitrine looks like you. You’ve got tech compensating for your body.”
Entrapta slowly moves Hordak against the glass vitrine.
Entrapta: “As a scientist, I’m not going to stop, until I figure out what’s going on. Now, tell me everything.”
Hordak: “You wanna know what I am? I am a clone.”
Behind him, more vitrines with the creatures are revealed, glowing eerily in the dark.
Hordak: “A clone of the Emperor of the Known Universe, Horde Prime. Horde Prime cloned himself, building an army to conquer all he saw. Planets, worlds, galaxies fell before us. I was his top general. But there was a defect in my cloning, and defects are worthless to Prime. I was sent to die on the front lines. But during battle, a portal opened and sent me crashing to Etheria. Stranding me here. With nothing but a broken ship, I built an empire. When my portal opens, I shall bring forth my brother’s armies, to crush the Rebellion. And Horde Prime will see that he was wrong. I am not a defect. I am worth something.”
Hordak punches the vitrine.
Hordak: “But my portal machine does not work. I haven’t conquered the planet. I could not even clone a new body for myself. Perhaps…perhaps Prime was right. I am a failure.”
Entrapta rummages through draws, throwing tools and parts everywhere.
Entrapta: “Oh, no, no, no. I’m listening. I heard you. I’ve got an idea, but I need my tools. Be right back.”
Entrapta leaves by lifting herself with her hair.

Entrapta looks at a lighter from her tool.
Entrapta: “Ooh, this is gonna be so much fun.”
Hordak: “I do not need your help in this.”
Entrapta: “Everybody needs help sometimes. And you shouldn’t be upset that you’re not perfect. Take Emily. Her programming is glitch, the left leg sticks and she’s loud. Emily’s got quirks, but that’s why I like her. Imperfection is what makes scientific experimentation possible. Imperfection is beautiful. At least to me.”
Hordak stares, temporarily entranced by Entrapta, as light floods around her head and sparks fly in the background. He is grabbed by Entrapta’s hair.
Entrapta: “Stand here. And you’re really way too obsessed with this whole failure thing.”
Entrapta holds his arms out.
Entrapta: “I mean, I’m a failure.”
Hordak: “You are not a…”
Entrapta covers his mouth.
Entrapta: “I don’t fit in. I became friends with Adora, but she abandoned me. Then I became friends with Catra, but she didn’t talk to me anymore.”
Entrapta presses a button and a remote buzzes. The metal arms overhead attach new armor to Hordak.
Entrapta: “But that doesn’t mean I give up. I scrounged up more pieces of First Ones tech, and I can’t think of a better use for it than this. Ta-da!”
Hordak stares at his blue hands and his improved armor and body.
Entrapta: “Your armor is more of an exoskeleton now. The tech compensating for your organic body. What does it feel like?”
Hordak: “Powerful.” (chuckles) Hordak stops and tries to sound professional.
Hordak: “I…I acknowledge the work you put into this. It is very…technologically sound.”
Imp kicks his foot and screeches, telling Hordak to speak more warmly.
Hordak: “Uh, no matter what you say, you are not a failure. Any who discount you are utter fools.”
Entrapta: “Thanks. I like being friends with you, too.”
Entrapta places her hair on his shoulder. Hordak stares in disbelief, as he has never had a friend before.

Hordak is momentarily entranced by Entrapta's beauty and words

“Season 3: Moment of Truth”
Hordak tests out his strength by lifting a large metal column.
Entrapta: “This suit may be my best work yet. Hordak puts the column down and grins. Then a spark flies up his hand and he cringes.
Entrapta: “No reason to get in a tizzy.”
Hordak: “I have never been in a tizzy.”
Entrapta uses tools to fix his armor.
Entrapta: “You can’t expect everything to work perfectly overnight. Like our machine. We still haven’t figured out the missing piece that’ll let us cut through the planetary interference. If we try now, the portal might not be stable long enough to get anyone through.”
Hordak: “We only need to open a portal for a short time. Long enough to send a signal through to Horde Prime. Once he receives it, he should have no trouble opening a portal from his side.”
Entrapta: (sadly) “And then you’ll have to go with them.”
Entrapa (brightens) “But there’s still so much data we could collect. What’s the rush? We’ll just keep working on it until it’s perfect.”
Hordak and Entrapta smile genuinely at each other, like good friends.


She-Ra’s sword cracks with electricity and creates the energy needed for the portal.
Hordak (grins) “Oh…she did it.”
Catra: “The princesses are here. There’s no time. We need to open the portal.”
Hordak: “Where’s Entrapta? I need her.”
(Catra had stunned Entrapta with a weapon and ordered her to be sent to Beast Island)
Catra grins sinisterly.
Catra: “Who do you think let the princesses in?”
Hordak gasps then bangs his fist against a button.
Hordak: “But she…she wouldn’t.”
Catra laughs.

Catra: “Did you really think she was on our side? Oh, you can’t trust anyone, especially a princess. They’ll just use you to get what they want. Open the portal and let’s end this.”

Entrapta works and bonds with Hordak, as she fixes his armor. She describes the portal and serves pieces of metal as food to Adora and her friends. Entrapta goes to tell Hordak to not open the portal and said he would understand. Catra demands for the portal to be opened to enact revenge against Adora. Catra electrocutes her from behind and orders her minion to take her to Beast Island. Catrs later lies to Hordak that Entrapta let the princesses into the Fright Zone, Hordak hurt by this.



“Season 3: The Price of Power”
“Season 3: Huntara”
“Season 3: Once Upon a Time in the Waste”
“Season 3: Moment of Truth”
“Season 3: Remember”
“Season 3: The Portal”
Robots pour water from a teapot into cups.
Entrapta: “This is fascinating. I’ve never had non-robots visit me. Usually it’s just me and all my friends.” Entrapta slurps from her drink.
Adora: “Friends?”
Entrapta: “Aren’t they amazing? And if they break, I can just make new friends.” (laughs) “Tiny snacks?”
Adora, Bow, and Glimmer shake their heads as a robot presents them with gears and screws on a platter. Green spices are sprinkled on.
Entrapta: “Oh, sorry about that. They’re still getting the hang of people food. Unless this is what you eat. I have so many questions. Tell me everything.”
Adora: “Entrapta, I know what I’m about to say sound crazy…”
Entrapta: “Is this about the unstable portal slowly consuming and warping our reality?”
Adora: “You’re not gonna believe…What did you just say?”
Entrapta: “Oh I figured it out a while ago. An unstable portal is the only thing that would account for all the anomalies I’ve been picking up in my research. The portal exists somewhere in our world, and as long as it’s still open, it’s gonna keep destabilizing reality, making things disappear faster and faster, until, bam, there’s nothing left.” (laughs) “Which is a bad thing.”
Adora; “How do we stop it?”
Entrapta: “Portals are gateways, wormholes that connect one area of space to another. The only way to turn it off is from the inside. But whoever shuts the portal down can’t leave. They’ll be trapped between realities, possibly forever. Oh, imagine the data they could collect.”
Glimmer: “Wait, so whoever turns it off will be trapped inside it forever?”
Entrapta: “Exactly.”
Adora: “There must be another way. Try to remember, Entrapta, when you and Hordak built the Portal Machine.”
Entrapta: “Remember. I remember. I had a lab partner, Hordak. Mm…we were friends, and then Catra…Oh. I remember everything now. I’m not really here.” (gasps) The portal starts destroying the surroundings.
Adora: “No, no, this can’t be happening already. We should have more time.”
Entrapta: “There is no more time. It all makes sense now. It’s your sword. That portal is centered on you. It’s following you.”
Adora: “What? No!”
Entrapta: “You need to remove the sword from the inside. It’s powering the portal. As soon as it’s gone, everything will be right again. It was nice being friends with you.” Entrapta disappears.

Adora: “Entrapta!”


No comments:

Post a Comment